Window 7 recongize Centos 6.5 ip address but does not recognize domain name
I came across the issue with using window 7 to recognize web server that I set upon Centos 6.5 with a domain name.
I've tested if the configuration on linux with ubuntu:
1. wget with ip address (got response)
2. wget with domain name (got response)
3. able to use ubuntu to find the web page with the url by typing the ip address
4. able to use ubuntu to find the web pgae with the url by typing domain name
5. can ping centos web server with ip
6. can ping centos web server with domain name
when I tried the above with window 7, I can only get response by typing in IP address. I wasn't able to get any response if I replace the ip address with domain name.
What do I need to do in order for window 7 to recognize the domain name on centos?
1. do I need to configure the DNS on the Window 2008 R2 server? (I am not planning to add CentOS web server into windows domain).
2. do I need to configure on the CentOS end?