I have a site that we have been having some issues trying to resolve the automatic Outlook 2010 profile setup when the user logs in. Before we updated Exchange 2010 with all the service packs, we had no issues with users logging into the network, clicking on Outlook and their profile would be automatically created and their email would open up. Side note, none of the users had laptops that were used outside of the office and they had terminal services to access their account from outside.
Office 2010 installation was done using an MSP file. We defined most of our Outlook settings from there and then we would run a batch file that would point to the MSP file to get it’s settings from.
Now, after doing all of the updates to Exchange, the security and automatic setup of their Outlook profile now has issues. To get it to work currently, once the user logs into their account, I open up Control Panel / Mail and delete the profile that is listed, then open outlook and all is good. Users with laptops (after I remove the outlook profile and let it create automatically), outside of the office also have no issues either with their Outlook email.
I am not sure how to fix this problem. I have been at it for a couple of days and am still no further ahead.
Can someone please give me some guidance on what to check, how to fix this issue. The problem appears both internally and externally.