XML files not rendering properly in browser
Posted on 2014-12-12
Really wierd problem here and I would be really grateful if an expert could sort it out.
The entire manual can be accessed by one html file called index.html but from there all the main files are xml files.
The problem is that no matter what browser I use I just get junk on the browser pages like endless text with no line feeds. No styles or graphics are rendered.
However I do have a HTML editor called CoffeeCup and it has a preview setup and in CoffeeCup preview I see all the documents and graphics like they are meant to be viewed.
Is there some simple adjustment that would render the files correctly in a browser. I tried Firefox, Chrome and IE and they are all the same.
I can provide a couple of files if required to see the problem, say the index and just one xml file. I have also tried converting a few of the xml files to html but it is time consuming.