Why does the Virtual Server NIC say Realtek instead of Citrix PVE adapter?
Posted on 2014-12-16
1. Have a Citrix Xen Server 6.2 with two VM's on it. A TS and Database Server.
2. Server lost all its Metadata for some reason and we had to format and reinstall everything. We restored the VM's using Storage Craft.
3. Now the network runs like garbage after the restore. But looking at the NIC's on the Terminal Server it is only showing 100mb now and it banging it out hitting 100mb. The DB is showing 1gig.
4. I look at the NIC's and the DB at 1gig says it is a Citrix PV Network adapter. But looking at the TS it says Realtek at only 100mb. Some other stuff with that NIC doesn't look right but I don't know how to fix it or get it like the DB server. They are both on the same physical machine.
5. Another strange thing is if you go into XenCenter and hit the Network tab...under the DB it shows the NIC 1 that the TS uses as a different MAC address than it shows under the networking TAB when you select the TS.
6. AND when you click networking in XenCenter for the DB it shows the IP address of the NIC being used. But when you click the NIC being used by the TS is says unknown on the Network IP Address.
How can I fix this?