Access 2010 is installed on several virtual Server 2003 machines. Nothing has changed on the hardware. However, I got an alert in Access 2010 saying hardware had changed and I had to activate Access 2010 again.
I tried to activate via internet with a failure. Then called in and got the same failure. "An unspecified error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later. (0x80070005)"
I called MS 3 times and spent time on hold and being passed around to alleged experts. Each time a person denied they were Access specialists and would pass me to someone who could assist. Eventually I was told I'd had to pay $500 for support.
This is a flaw in their software, I'm not wiling to pay them to fix their flaw! On 12/9 they issued a "fix"/patch for this very issue. (KB2883019) However, that patch also fails after running it.
I have also launched the installer to enter the activation key. That fails. I am having less trust in Microsoft than ever before. Searches have shown others have uninstalled and reinstalled software to have activation keys rejected.