Please see Readme file below. Why everything dealing with Microsoft has to be so painful?
At step: 3. Click "Driver control"
I am getting: "VCdControlTool" --> ! Cannot Open SCM : Access is denied
And then I click on OK (have not other choice but try this), it gives me Virtual CD-Rom Driver Control
. Here I have Install Driver...
and some other buttons.
I try Install Driver...
, it shows me VCdRom.sys
. I select it and click on Open
, I get "The handle is invalid."
It seems the failure is related to ! Cannot Open SCM : Access is denied
discussed on the top.
Question: How can I get this installed successfully?
This is a brand new windows 7 professional laptop and I have logged in as admin.
Readme for Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel v126.96.36.199
THIS TOOL IS UNSUPPORT BY MICROSOFT PRODUCT SUPPORT SERVICES
- Windows XP Home or Windows XP Professional
1. Copy VCdRom.sys to your %systemroot%\system32\drivers folder.
2. Execute VCdControlTool.exe
3. Click "Driver control"
4. If the "Install Driver" button is available, click it. Navigate to the %systemroot%\system32\drivers folder, select VCdRom.sys, and click Open.
5. Click "Start"
6. Click OK
7. Click "Add Drive" to add a drive to the drive list. Ensure that the drive added is not a local drive. If it is, continue to click "Add Drive" until an unused drive letter is available.
8. Select an unused drive letter from the drive list and click "Mount".
9. Navigate to the image file, select it, and click "OK". UNC naming conventions should not be used, however mapped network drives should be OK.
You may now use the drive letter as if it were a local CD-ROM device. When you are finished you may unmount, stop, and remove the driver from memory using the driver control.