Points of My Scenario:
1. I am admin of a Server 2008 R2 domain
2. I administer a 2-node physical SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 cluster on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
3. I plan to implement SCCM 2012 R2 for the enterprise, using the SQL cluster in point #2
4. The SQL Server has several instances - one of which will be used for SCCM 2012 R2
5. A SCCM 2012 R2 pre-requisite is that SQL 2008 is to have SP2 and Cumulative Update 7
QUESTION: How can I (if possible) upgrade a specific instance of SQL to a higher service pack & cumulative patch, without upgrading the other SQL instances on the cluster?