I've tried deploying some Windows updates to a collection which has no maintenance window. but they're not getting the updates.
Interestingly even my own system, which is a member of said collection, is also not getting any updates.
Deadline of deployment was "As soon as possible" but the clients in the Deployment Monitoring area just show "Unknown" (Client check passed/Active).
Can't speed it up by running actions locally, does nothing.
Only things I can gather so far which might indicate a problem are from the following areas, and I'm still not sure what these mean or if they have any bearing on this issue:
UpdateTrustedSites.log, just repeatedly shows:
Starting UpdateTrustedSites with S-1-5-21-3601230794-2690829250-819315581-7378
AddDefaultPortalToTrustedSites: Existing URL is empty or add to trusted sites is true and the default URL hasn't changed. Not deleting the existing URL from trusted sites list.
AddDefaultPortalToTrustedSites: It was determined that catalog Url should not be added to the trusted sites zone.
So I ran "Deployment Monitoring Tool" on my local system, and I indeed show the Microsoft Software Updates deployment as a deployment to my system, but the "State" column shows "ASSIGNMENT_EVALUATION_ASS
Again, I don't know if these 2 areas are related, and/or if either of them have any bearing on my issue of updates not being deployed, so I'm checking here for help!
I've also tried uninstalling my client and re-installing, but no luck.