Record Delphi application with Techsmith's Camtasia - dialogs are supressed
Posted on 2014-12-24
I want to record a videodemo for my Delphi application (Win32).
When I start recording my screen with Camtasia (latest version 8.4.4) sometimes a dialog (dsDialog) isn't shown. My application seems to hang. Stopping the recorder doesn't solve the issue, I need to shut is down in task manager.
Without recording, my application works fine.
I already asked support of Camtasia (Techsmith), but their suggestions didn't solve the issue.
- In Camtasia Recorder click on Tools > Options > Program tab and uncheck the box for "Force popup dialgos into region"
- go to the General tab under Tools and change the format from TREC to AVI
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\8.0 and delete the 8.0 folder
- Can you uninstall your current version and try version 8.3
- Can you uninstall your current version and try version 7.1.1
- right click each application and choose 'run as administrator'
- In Tools > Options of Recorder you could try unchecking capture layered windows
Does anybody have a solution for this?