Is Fileshare Access Necessary for SCCM 2012 Deployed Updates?
Points of My Scenario:
1. I am required to implement SCCM 2012 for deploying software updates
2. I am domain admin of a Server 2008 R2 domain
3. DMZ clients will have HTTP access only to the SCCM server
4. I will manually deploy the software client to DMZ hosts - in order to avoid requiring File sharing ports
5. Instructions for implementing a new deployment package include specifying a share path for the "Package source"
QUESTION: Do clients have to directly access the file share of the "Package source" in order to get the updates included in the corresponding "deployment package"? Note: I was hoping that clients get their updates using HTTP only. Is this true?
Veeam® is happy to provide the Microsoft community with a study guide prepared by MVP and MCT, Orin Thomas. This guide will take you through each of the exam objectives, helping you to prepare for and pass the examination.