I have installed client access array in exchange 2010 and have an existing exchange 2007 Single-server-setup. The plan is to keep the mailboxdatabase in the 2007 environment and use the exchange 2010's as its clientaccess-servers.
I created a testdatabase on the 2007 and is trying to get it to point at the 2010 casarray. but when i from the 2010 server runs the command: set-mailboxdatabase testdb -RpcClientAccessServer exchcas.domain.local
i receive this error:
Property RpcClientAccessServerExcha<wbr ></wbr>ngeLegacyD<wbr ></wbr>N can't be set on this object because it requires the object to
have version 0.10 (220.127.116.11) or later. The object's current version is 0.1 (8.0.535.0).
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [Set-MailboxDatabase], InvalidObjectOperationExce<wbr ></wbr>ption
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : BB1AD76B,Microsoft.Exchang<wbr ></wbr>e.Manageme<wbr ></wbr>nt.SystemC<wbr ></wbr>onfigurati<wbr ></wbr>onTasks.Se<wbr ></wbr>tMailboxDa<wbr ></wbr>tabase
I tried manually editing the servername in the LegacyExchangeDN attribute for testdb using ADSI Edit. By doing this i get the correct RPCClientAccessServer when i run get-maiboxdatabase exchange2007 | fl name,rpcclientaccessserver
However i am not able to open any mailboxes in this database