What does it actually mean when a pop-up alert appears in Excel or Word saying something about not having enough memory?
I cannot remember the exact wording when the alert comes up in Excel but I have seen it there on a number of occasions. And now, as I am working in a Word doc, I just got the following:
I can understand that being an issue if a file was exceedingly large relative to the specs of a particular system or if the system was overloaded due to excessive use of memory or HD space. However, in my current situation, the following is present:
• The Word doc file size is 2.30 MB
• The memory is 16 MB of which ~5 is in use
• Several TB of HD are present with no drives showing in the red
• The CPU is relatively fast and easily handles much more difficult tasks
• Both the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate) & Office (2013) are current
Is there some other factor at work which causes the system to think that memory is insufficient?
For example, does the OS assign or allot only a certain amount of resources to an application such as Word?
If so, is there a way to adjust that setting so that more memory can be allotted?
What other causes or solutions might be present?