How to backup active directory image?
Posted on 2015-01-07
I need run some scripts to extend active directory schema. it was provided to me by Oracle support as follows. This is the most important step for this new Oracle EUS project. Before I run the script, I would like to backup my active directory schema, it's a windows 2003 domain level, how could I do it.
Below is the action plan provided by Oracle Support:
1. Make a back-up copy of your Active Directory image. The schema extensions inside of Active Directory are permanent and cannot be canceled. The back-up image enables you to restore all your changes if required.
2. Execute the following command to load the Enterprise User Security required schema, ExtendAD, into Active Directory using the Java classes included in Oracle Unified Directory.
The ExtendAD file is located in the $ORACLE_HOME/config/EUS/ActiveDirectory/ directory (Unix) or ORACLE_HOME\config\EUS\ActiveDirectory\ directory (Windows). You can use the java executable in the ORACLE_HOME/jdk/bin directory.
java ExtendAD -h Active_Directory_Host_Name -p Active_Directory_Port
-D Active_Directory_Admin_DN -w Active_Directory_Admin_Password
–AD Active_Directory_Domain_DN -commonattr
java ExtendAD -h myhost -p 389 -D cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=example,dc=com -w <pwd> -AD dc=example,dc=com -commonattr
3. Install the Oracle Unified Directory Password Change Notification plug-in, oidpwdcn.dll, by performing the following steps:
1. Complete the following depending on your Windows:
Copy OUD_HOME\config\EUS\ActiveDirectory\win\oidpwdcn.dll file to the Active Directory WINDOWS\system32 directory.
Copy OUD_HOME\config\EUS\ActiveDirectory\win64\oidpwdcn.dll file to the Active Directory WINDOWS\system64 directory.
2. Use regedt32 or regedt64 to edit the registry and enable the oidpwdcn.dll. Start regedt32 by entering regedt32 at the command prompt.
3. Add oidpwdcn to the end of the Notification Packages entry in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\ registry, for example:
This enables the password DLL and populates orclCommonAttribute attribute with the password verifier required by EUS.
9. Restart the Active Directory system after making these changes.