Get "Security Alert" popup on W7 workstations after updating the "self-signed certificate"
Posted on 2015-01-08
I have an SBS2008 server
- From the SBS2008 console, The leaf security shows (it expires 1/13/2014.
- I Reissued “self-issued certificate” in advance by running the “Fix My Network” wizard. Reissued successfully. It’s now good for another two years.
- However now After the certificate was renewed, a message pops up on all Outlook users indicating a “Security Alert” basically asking to trust the certificate.
- the message shows a red x that says: the security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust. View the certificate to determine whether you want to trust the certifying authority"
- I re-installed it on the server and it still pops up on the workstations.
- So I reinstalled the original certificate and from the SBS2008 console and the message no longer pops up.
Need to understand why updating in advance does not play well.
- Am I missing a step?
- Do I need to wait till it actually expires before running the “Fix My Network” wizard?
Any help would be appreciated