Want to win a PS4? Go Premium and enter to win our High-Tech Treats giveaway. Enter to Win

x
?
Solved

Exchange 2013 mobile issue

Posted on 2015-01-09
4
Medium Priority
?
267 Views
Last Modified: 2015-01-15
I have installed and configured Exchange 2013 from scratch on a new DC for a customer who had Exchange 2003 in a separate domain with 30 users.

The customer exported all the PST of their users's outlook application into a shared folder which then I used to import through Exchange Administrator Center by giving the appropriate rights to the Exchange Admin that I am using and everything went smooth.

Users can use outlook, inside and outside and can receive all the imported mails without any issue. and I have setup a new test e-mail for my self with at least 15 test mail inside it.

When I setup my new account on their phones, I have no issues what so ever but if I setup any of their accounts they can't receive any email and when they try to send an email it says "Cannot Send Mail" the message was rejected by the server.

I am attaching mobile screenshots of the message and the settings! note that the emails were set automatically by Autodiscover service.

If anyone has clue why would this happen I would appreciate it.

Just a small notice, the old FQDN for the DC was domain (Without .local or .com or anything) and the new one is domain.local.

Customer is using iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.2 firmware version!
IMG-3029.PNG
IMG-3030.PNG
IMG-3031.PNG
IMG-3032.PNG
0
Comment
Question by:Mohammed Hamada
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
  • 2
4 Comments
 
LVL 14

Accepted Solution

by:
Andy M earned 2000 total points
ID: 40540123
One possibility is security inheritance on the user accounts (had this with a migration I did a while back between Exchange 2003/2007 and 2013). Basically any new user I created worked fine but pre-existing accounts couldn't use activesync at all.

To check/change this:

Go into ADUC, enabled advance features, right-click on one of the affected users and select properties. Go into security settings and ensure that inheritance is turned on.
0
 
LVL 24

Author Comment

by:Mohammed Hamada
ID: 40540192
I did not do migration at all, as I said it's an Exchange 2013 installation from scratch with a new DC! we just exported the PSt from the old Exchange and imported them to the new one.

One User on the Exchange 2013 that I created for my self as test that I didn't import pst into it works just fine...

Could it have anything to do with old Exchange's cache on the iPhone? they used Exchange 2003 on iphone. not sure how to delete anything related to it on iPhone though.
0
 
LVL 14

Expert Comment

by:Andy M
ID: 40540280
I would still double check the inheritance settings all the same in case they haven't set correctly.

Importing a PST shouldn't cause any issues with access (unless it's got corrupted messages but that would likely cause issues with Outlook as well).

Usually completely removing the existing account on the phone, rebooting it and then setting the account back up should be sufficient from the phone side.

The other thing would be to check the activesync logs on the server as well as application logs - these should show if there's an errors during the connection.
0
 
LVL 24

Author Closing Comment

by:Mohammed Hamada
ID: 40551662
Thank you Andy, I did not focus on the end of your first comment! It was the Inheritance and also the the user's logon name! I had to change it on Exchange from user@domain.local to user@domain.com

I think active sync on Exchange 2013 doesn't support this format anymore.
0

Featured Post

Hire Technology Freelancers with Gigs

Work with freelancers specializing in everything from database administration to programming, who have proven themselves as experts in their field. Hire the best, collaborate easily, pay securely, and get projects done right.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

A couple of months ago we ran into an issue that necessitated re-creating our Edge Subscriptions. However, when we attempted to execute the command: New-EdgeSubscription -filename C:\NewEdgeSub_01.xml we received an error indicating that the LDAP se…
With so many activities to perform, Exchange administrators are always busy in organizations. If everything, including Exchange Servers, Outlook clients, and Office 365 accounts work without any issues, they can sit and relax. But unfortunately, it…
To show how to generate a certificate request in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.:  First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Servers >> Certificates…
This video discusses moving either the default database or any database to a new volume.
Suggested Courses

597 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question