Windows Server Essentials Experience Best Practice analyser is not displaying correctly

New install of Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials. Unfortunately, the Windows Server Essentials Experience Best Practice Analyser is not displaying results correctly. See image where 'title' content is not displaying correctly.

The results of each entry display the following:
1) Problem:
problem ModelVersionStatus_problem
Impact:
impact ModelVersionStatus_impact
Resolution:
resolution ModelVersionStatus_resolution
Scan time: 12/01/2015 21:14:53
BPA model version: 1.0

2) Problem:
problem NoChecksStatus_problem
Impact:
impact NoChecksStatus_impact
Resolution:
resolution NoChecksStatus_resolution
Scan time: 12/01/2015 21:14:53
BPA model version: 1.0

As you can see, it's not in a user friendly format. What options are available to rectify this? Other BPA's display correctly.

History: The server was initially installed with the language/region set as English (United States) which was incorrect. The English (United Kingdom) language pack was installed and set as the default.

Your thoughts/comments would be appreciated.
LMG09Asked:
Who is Participating?

[Webinar] Streamline your web hosting managementRegister Today

x
 
VB ITSConnect With a Mentor Specialist ConsultantCommented:
At least we found out why it's happening! Perhaps Microsoft will release a fix for this down the track but I can't see it on their 'must fix' list as it's more an inconvenience than a debilitating problem.
0
 
VB ITSSpecialist ConsultantCommented:
Did you restart the server after you changed the locale?

Can you also please outline exactly how you changed the language to English UK and set it as the default?
0
 
LMG09Author Commented:
Apologies for the delay.

The server has been restarted on a number of occasions since setting the default language to English (UK).

The steps taken to alter the default language:

1) Control Panel -> Language -> Add A Language -> Select 'English (United Kingdom)
2) Against 'English (United Kingdom' click on 'Options' -> Click 'Download & Install Language Pack'
3) Control Panel -> Language -> Against 'English (United Kingdom' click on 'Options' -> Select 'Make this the primary language' -> log off then log on again
4) Control Panel -> Language -> Change Date, Time or Number formats -> On 'Location' tab Home location set to United Kingdom -> On 'Administrative' tab select 'Copy Settings' then select both 'Welcome screen & system accounts' and 'New User Accounts' then click 'OK'
5) reboot
0
Problems using Powershell and Active Directory?

Managing Active Directory does not always have to be complicated.  If you are spending more time trying instead of doing, then it's time to look at something else. For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why

 
LMG09Author Commented:
I have recreated this issue on a test server at the office and would note the following:

1) After the default language was altered to English (United Kingdom) from English (United States) all BPA's within Server Manager displayed correctly other than the Windows Server Essentials Experience BPA.

2) If I set the windows Display language back to English (United States) and re-run the Windows Server Essentials Experience BPA, the formatting of the output is displayed correctly.

Does this imply that there is a bug in the system which needs to be notified to Microsoft? Maybe the English (United Kingdom) language pack is not aware of the Windows Server Essentials Experience BPA and doesn't update it accordingly?
0
 
VB ITSSpecialist ConsultantCommented:
Does this imply that there is a bug in the system which needs to be notified to Microsoft? Maybe the English (United Kingdom) language pack is not aware of the Windows Server Essentials Experience BPA and doesn't update it accordingly?
This sounds like the case. I guess one last thing you could try is install Essentials 2012 R2 using English (United Kingdom) as the default language.

I don't have access to my lab environment right now so I can't really check this for you until at least tomorrow morning.
0
 
LMG09Connect With a Mentor Author Commented:
Hi - Thanks for your prompt response.

I've installed a fresh version of Essentials 2012 R2 using English (United Kingdom) as the default language on a test server and the Windows Server Essentials Experience BPA displays correctly. I guess the issue only occurs if you install the English (Unite Kingdom) language pack onto an existing Essentials 2012 R2 server that does not have English (United Kingdom) as the default language.
0
 
VB ITSSpecialist ConsultantCommented:
Interesting. So there must be some sort of bug with the language pack or perhaps the language pack doesn't contain the files for Windows Essentials Experience BPA specifically.

I always tend to install Windows with the desired language settings from the get-go to avoid these sort of issues.
0
 
LMG09Author Commented:
I agree, it's looks like the language pack doesn't contain the files for Windows Essentials Experience BPA.

I totally agree with your second point. Unfortunately, it looks like this setting may have been overlooked when installing the O/S using the server vendors installation program.
0
 
LMG09Author Commented:
Through testing, I was able to recreate the issue which 'suggests' that the issue experienced is a 'possible' software bug.
0
All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.