Oracle 11g Release 2: unable to connect via sqlplus
Posted on 2015-01-14
I am unable to connect to Oracle 11 g Release database.
Error: ORA-12543: TNS:destination host unreachable
* host A and host B are included in /etc/hosts
* firewall disabled on both servers
* At host A (Oracle server): tnsping successful, lsnrctl is up, and I am able to connect to database ok
* At host B (Oracle client): installed all dependencies, basiclite, sqlplus and odbc. Also, set $ORACLE_HOME, $ORACLE_SID, $ORACLE_BASE, $PATH, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and TNS_ADMIN.
* Both hosts tnsnames.ora have IP addresses instead of host names
I am not sure what I am missing.. but still unable to connect using either:
1. sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
2. sqlplus user/password@ORACLEDB
3. sqlplus firstname.lastname@example.org:1521/ORACLEDB
4. sqlplus email@example.com/ORACLEDB
any suggestions what else I can update and try?
In advance, thank you for your help.
Also, Server and client are the same versions