Cisco Catalyst 3560 X Series GIG port Module does not light on when connecting Fiber Via SFP
Posted on 2015-01-14
Hello Experts, I am trying to connect to 2 Cisco Catalyst 3560 x-series to each other Via Fiber.
I am connecting using the network Module with 4 available Gig ports, I am using a CISCO SFP on port "TenGIGabitethernet 1/2" to connect the fiber to it.
Long story short.
Once everything is connected I get no light on either switch indicating that it has established some type of connection.
What I've done so far:
1- I made sure that the ports are not administratively shut down.
2. I tried different fiber ports on our patch panel
3. I tried different gig ports on our switch
4. I have rebooted the switch
5. I have turned the Gigabit ports on and off using the shutdown command
6. I have used the same style fiber cable on both ends
-I am running out of Ideas, all that is left is for the vendor to come out to test the fiber line that they ran a few weeks ago.
any help will be greatly appreciated.