This is my first post so here goes. I've inherited this order tracking project. The data has been extracted out of our GP system and the dates (columns U-Z) tracks the input of certain steps within our inside sales process. The person that worked on this before created several charts displaying the ‘average number of’ days between these steps. They are trying to show the length of time it takes to get an order through the system to the point where it is now with operations and they can start working on it. I'm wondering if there is a better way to display the charts in these tabs (chart & FP-RP) because I don’t really like the way the charts are laid out. I'm no Excel whiz but these charts don't look right to me, they look like they were thrown together by a third grader. They just don’t look professional.
When I asked the person who worked on this project if they can explain to me the formula used to calculate the number of days their response was they copied it from another spreadsheet they use that tracks number of quotes in our system; and how long it takes to process them through the system. Not really sure if the below formula is what should be used to obtain the information that is needed.
C5,D5) )- 1)>0,((NETWORKDAYS(C5,D5) )- 1),0), " ")
Also, when I took a look at the data “import tab” I found numerous errors. The person did a data dump from GP and then started hiding cells and then ran the pivot table. I know the requestor wanted the charts to reflect information for the month of December only. He’s looking for the ‘N’ of orders processed that month based on the ‘order date.’ As well as the time it’s taking each of the 4 steps in the process to be completed based on the completion dates. The individuals enter the dates in the system once they have completed each part of the process.
A couple of things that look wonky to me and frankly I would like to change.
• Don’t like that the ‘N’ is floating on the top of the chart
• I think the bar charts look horrible (I’ve also attached the PDF file that they wanted to send out to the smaller team)
• I know what they are trying to show the smaller team and I find it hard to grasp from the way the chart is laid out
• Page 4 of the PDF looks HORRIBLE
• I noticed that column H hasn’t been completed each the inside sales rep and I actually think that fields has the most valuable data. Yes the goal is to find out how long it’s taking to complete certain tasks BUT the real question is WHY is it taking so long. And the “PO Delay Reason” would give us the answer to some of the why’s. What suggestions do you have for capturing this data perhaps on a different chart?
Feel free to use the data that was exported but I cleaned up the data and added a tab ‘cleaned up data’.
!!!!!!!!! I honestly don’t even know where to start to make these charts look presentable (sighhhhh).