Solved

Exchange 2013 install error

Posted on 2015-01-15
4
1,019 Views
Last Modified: 2015-01-19
I am installing Exchange 2013 SP1 on a 2012 R2 standard machine in a domain that has a 2010 SP3 Exchange server in it already. A screenshot of the error is attached. It fails every time I try to install and a cursory search online has not helped. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no change. Has anyone seen this error and been able to resolve it without completely wiping out the server or starting another domain and migrating machines and data over?
transport-issue.png
0
Comment
Question by:PIMSupport
4 Comments
 
LVL 19

Accepted Solution

by:
suriyaehnop earned 167 total points
ID: 40552803
0
 
LVL 9

Assisted Solution

by:Marshal Hubs
Marshal Hubs earned 167 total points
ID: 40553008
This problem mainly occurs because the federated built-in e-mail account that links to the computer account has got deleted or no longer exists. In order to resolve this issue, follow the steps given below;

1. Delete the FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042 e-mail account with the help of  ADSIEDIT tool. To do the same, follow these steps:

Click Start, click Run, type adsiedit.msc, and then click OK.
Locate the Default Naming Context node, and then locate to the CN=Users container.
Locate and then right-click the CN=FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042 container. Then, click Delete.

2. Rerun the Exchange Server 2013 Mailbox role setup application.

3. Create a new federated e-mail account by using the following command:

New-Mailbox -Arbitration -Name FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042 -UserPrincipalName FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042@<Default_Accepted_Domain>
0
 
LVL 33

Assisted Solution

by:Exchange_Geek
Exchange_Geek earned 166 total points
ID: 40553134
The above solution is basically assuming that the error STARTED with the error that is shown as below.
Only under this circumstance the SOLUTION provided by Microsoft in the KB Article should be FOLLOWED cautiously.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978776

RMS Shared Identity user 'CN=FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042,CN=Users,DC=exchange,DC=com' (originating server = 'W2K3DC01.exchange.com') is being linked to computer 'CN=Computer,CN=Computers,DC=exchange,DC=com' (originating server = 'W2K3DC01.exchange.com).
[06-05-2009 11:50:26.0856] [2] Database is mandatory on UserMailbox. Property Name: Database.
[06-05-2009 11:50:26.0950] [2] Ending processing.
[06-05-2009 11:50:26.0950] [1] The following 1 error(s) occurred during task execution:
[06-05-2009 11:50:26.0950] [1] 0.  ErrorRecord: Database is mandatory on UserMailbox. Property Name: Database.
[06-05-2009 11:50:26.0950] [1] 0.  ErrorRecord: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.DataValidationException: Database is mandatory on UserMailbox. Property Name: Database.
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Save(ADObject instanceToSave, IEnumerable`1 properties)
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Deployment.UpdateRmsSharedIdentity.Link()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Deployment.UpdateRmsSharedIdentity.InternalProcessRecord()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.ProcessRecord()

NOW, if the above issue doesn't point to federated email and you ARE getting impatient to resolve the issue.
Follow the solution provided STEP BY STEP in the following link.
The problem relates to the permissions on those old user objects where the new Exchange server doesn’t have the required permissions due to the old installation “owning” those objects.

So, from here the fix was to Uninstall Exchange 2013 (or what little there actually was of it), reboot the server
In AD Users and Computers, find and delete *all* those old Exchange mailbox type system accounts (Federatedemail, DiscoverySearchMailbox, HealthMailbox, Migration, SystemMailbox, etc.)
Run the Exchange ADPrep again to recreate those accounts. This is instead of the step mentioned in the article to re-create the accounts as the ADPrep will take care of that
Start Exchange setup again and it should complete correctly


https://kickthatcomputer.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/exchange-server-2013-setup-fails-creating-mailbox-role/

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03361853

Let us know if our advise helped.

-Tushar Shah
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:PIMSupport
ID: 40557759
Thank you all for your help. I did get this resolved and it appears that I had not removed all the system mailboxes. I removed them all and did an AD prep which did not make the folders but then when I did the schema prep it did. Once that was done it was smooth sailing. Thanks again for your help
0

Featured Post

Technology Partners: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Scam emails are a huge burden for many businesses. Spotting one is not always easy. Follow our tips to identify if an email you receive is a scam.
Phishing attempts can come in all forms, shapes and sizes. No matter how familiar you think you are with them, always remember to take extra precaution when opening an email with attachments or links.
To show how to generate a certificate request in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.:  First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Servers >> Certificates…
how to add IIS SMTP to handle application/Scanner relays into office 365.

756 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question