First I wonder how I can copy this formula so I can use it for 250 sections (each section 3 rows high) in Excel?
I have uploaded the Excel here, which should be used for handicapping harness racing horses. The tab "Rankning" (handicapping in English) has the macros in it, the other is empty on macros and contains only the overall layout I wish to have. (The button "Återställ" means "Reset" in English). There are 2 tabs now, but I would like only my layout on tab 2 kept and the macros from tab 1 implemented on it (and then delete tab 1). I tried to view the macros according to these instructions:
But it did not work, the macro window that pops up is completely empty.
The function performed by the macros is this:
By selecting a cell in the upper row in each of the total 6 sections, that cell gets high-lighted in yellow colour and the point in the cell immediately below the cell in the upper row gets summated in cell C27 ("Total poäng": total points in tab "Rankning", the first tab). So finally, after having gone through the 6 sections each horse gets a total point awarded.
There are four additions I'd like to this form:
1. Instead of only these 6 sections I'd like 250 sections (each section with heading row and upper and lower row, lower row contains the point that should be summated).
2. I want to go through these 250 sections for horse 1, after having done that there should be a button for "transporting" those points to another cell designated for horse 1 in a table for all the horses in the race (see second tab: "Layout for Rankning: row 53, cell c53 for horse 1). Then I go on and complete the procedure for horse 2 etc. until a maximum of 15 horses.
3. In the table for all the horses in the race (cell c52 to q54), I'd like to be able to manually adjust these automatically awarded points by means of a up and down button for each horse in increments of 1 tenths decimal place. So if horse 1 has been awarded a total of 95 points, I might want to manually change this to 95.3 points. The awarded points are in cell C53 to Q53, C53 is for horse 1, D53 for horse 2 etc. So here the up and down adjuster should be placed.
4. Finally, there should be a button for arranging the maximum 15 horses in order according to these points (after they have been manually adjusted in some cases) on row 53, so that the horse with most points is ranked as number 1 etc. This should be performed on row 54 ("Viktad rankning": handicapping in English). So that the horse with most points (for example horse number 12) should be in cell C54, the horse with second most points (for example horse number 6) should be in cell D54, etc.
5. Also, there should be a check box for each of the 250 sections so that I can choose to tick this check box to inactivate particular sections (these sections would then be greyed out and not possible to select any cells in those sections).
Can I have these operations performed in Excel only with Excel commands, or for which of above 5 functions do I need to use macros?
Some translation of words in the form:
Häst nr: horse no.
Totalpoäng: total number of points
Viktad rankning: horses ranked (handicapped) in order