Could you recommend the best nowadays laptop for 1000€?
Here is the story.
The budget is 1000€ or if it is relay worth it, then 1200€. The max. would be 1500€, but only if you convince me it has something special and really worth those money.
- Mostly Photoshop, but need very fast response.
- Video playing, high resolution.
- Just to make sure worth the money and is fast enough, consider video editing as option.
- Normal office, internet browsing.
- To be used as good for next 5-6 years.
The actual laptop is 6 years old and a renew is required.
The buyer zone is Europe, particularly Germany.
I made a small research I found:
MSI has such big range for laptops:
But maybe a portable workstation is better?:
What can you tell about portable workstations?
And how do you differentiate between so many models? I notice I can compare up to 5 models on MSI website, but it is still hard to choose.
Comparing Dell with Lenovo I found Lenovo the winner.
Lenovo has 4 cores 2.5GHz and Dell has only 2 cores 2.0GHz. Even more, the cache memory, which is inside the processor chip for high speed processing is 6MB for Lenovo and only 4MB for Dell.
These aspects make a difference in the speed.
Dell looks nice and is good that has a bigger screen for video editing.
Dell has 16GB installed which also the max. Lenovo has only 8GB RAM installed out of 16GB as max.
But Dell is 999 and Lenovo only 899. For 100€ you can tell them to put 8GB RAM more in Lenovo to be the same as Dell.
The only thing would the screen size smaller 15” for Lenovo, but it is faster.
Dell is heavier 3.37Kg vs Lenovo 2.4kg.
The SSD is hybrid for both, a combination between SSD 8GB and a normal HDD 1TB. It is not a real SSD, so it is a lot slower than a SSD, but a bit faster than a HDD.
Later I would change it anyway with a pure SSD.
The video card is better in Lenovo: GTX 860M (Lenovo) is better than GT 750M (Dell):
I have home a Lenovo Thinkpad and sometimes runs quite hot. Seems many Lenovo are like that. What is your experience and your recommendation with Lenovo?
From my point of view, the main ideas for 1000€ are:
- 8GB RAM minimum, but better 16GB or even 32GB is the system allows that.
- The latest CPU i7, 4th generation, 4 cores, or at least 2 cores and over 3.0GHz. AMD may be also an alternative.
- A bigger screen size 17” for pictures and video editing with high resolution, but 15” it may be also acceptable.
- The video card is very important. It should be at least 2GB dedicated card with its own processor and not shared with RAM.
- If the notebook does not come with SSD, then we have to consider in the budget a good Samsung is a bit lower than 200€ for 256GB and over 350€ for 512Gb. Some laptops have SSHD, a hybrid between SSD and HDD, having 8GB SSD and 1T HDD: This hybrid is slower than a SSD, but faster than a HDD.
What would you recommend for the given budget as the best option?
It does not have to be the above mentioned brands.