I am at a loss and I am hoping somebody can at least give me some recommendations i have not yet tried.
I have multiple users setup on Office 365 (E3) subscriptions. One particular user is having an issue from a laptop. Here is the sequence of events.
1) Configured user's Outlook 2013 profile to point to Office 365.
2) Tried various retention periods 1, 3, 6 months etc and all have the same result (which i will explain below).
3) The original sync starts to happen and when completed it displays all folders are up to date. Sending and receiving works without any issues.
4) Close outlook and re-open after 1 minute Outlook 2013 gets stuck on updating inbox for hours and nothing new comes in. We can send email, but it doesn't stop "updating inbox" hence new emails don't come in.
Here are things i have tried to resolve the issue but without any success:
1) I have tried automatically and manually configuring the Outlook Profile. Manual configuration does the HTTPS over RCP whereas automatic configuration does it over HTTPS direct.
2) I have tried different retention period as mentioned above. 1 Month, 3 Months, 6 months, entire mailbox. All have the same result.
3) I have tried using a different Network Card.
4) I have tried using a different Internet Connection.
5) Disabling Anti Virus
6) Disabling Plug-ins
7) Trying in Outlook Safe Mode
Other useful things to mention.
1) Setting up the same user on the same LAN but on a different computer works fine.
2) OWA works without any issues
3) Running Exchange in NON CACHE mode works fine (but we cannot work like this as it's too slow).
4) I already have a ticket open with Microsoft Support, but to date we have no resolution.
If someone out there has a solution to this, PLEASE share.