should we proceed with dcpromo changes if we have one of our DC down in one of our sites? Or should we wait for that DC to be up

should we proceed with dcpromo changes if we have one of our DC down in one of our sites? Or should we wait for that DC to be up
creative555Asked:
Who is Participating?

Improve company productivity with a Business Account.Sign Up

x
 
Will SzymkowskiConnect With a Mentor Senior Solution ArchitectCommented:
As stated it would be recommend  that the entire environment has stable replication health. You can use the below commands to test this...
repadmin /replsum
repadmin /showrepl
repadmin /bridgeheads

dcdiag /v

Also checking to make sure that your DC is registered
netdom query dc

Will.
0
 
Joseph MoodyBlogger and wearer of all hats.Commented:
wait for a completely stable AD environment would be my vote.
0
 
Paul MacDonaldDirector, Information SystemsCommented:
Either wait for the DC to be restored, or forcibly evict it.  By far my preference would be to wait until it is restored.
0
 
creative555Author Commented:
THank you!!
0
Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.

All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.