I have a Windows 8.1 PC running office 2013
- PC is running in a workgroup
Outlook 2013 is not indexing properly.
- The Outlook.PST file lives on a Windows 2003 server. I know sometimes running Outlook PST file from a server can be slower than running locally but I do this is a standard practice and that seems to be working fine everywhere else.
- First I truncated the Outlook.PST file by running the compaction tool. It was originally 13 GB in size.
- I moved over 8GB into an archive folder that lives on the PC's local drive and then compacted the Outlook.PST file
- Outlook will continue to say “Outlook is currently indexing your items” and it will show a large number that it's still needs to index. This number changes from hour to hour but it always seems to go small and large again.
- Should I run a repair on the PST file? I feel like that it's not necessary since Outlook is working fine otherwise
any recommendations or help would be appreciated
I included a screenshot of the current indexing settings