Is POP or IMAP best in the following situation?
Here's the info I could think of which may or may not be related:
• Windows 7
• Office 2013 but not running Outlook 2013 (ie still using Outlook 2010)
• desktop PC
• nothing portable (ie no cell phone & no laptop)
• for several years have had the following going to Outlook:
> 2 personal gmail accounts
> 1 business account "@BizName" — not "@gmail" but hosted by GoogleApps
• Outlook Account Settings show that all three are POP/SMTP
> (someone else set these up for me)
• just opened a new website with new URL (NewName.com)
• set up new email account "@NewName" at GoogleApps
• need to configure Outlook so "@NewName" emails will come into Outlook inbox
• most online references say "IMAP hands-down over POP"
What is the best option to set up the new email address in Outlook?