Sharepoint 2007 - Vacation workflow approval isn't working
Posted on 2015-02-10
I am using Sharepoint 2007 and the Microsoft Vacation template 'add-on'. A lot of our department use this template - but suddenly, it has stopped working for all new sites that we create using this template. My account (as system admin) can approve the new vacation requests, so I know that the workflow is working - but - I can' t delegate the permission to anyone else.
I used the following steps to setup/create the site:
* I create a new site based on the "Absence and Vacation Schedule" application template.
* I used unique permissions.
* I add my "test account" into all 3 groups (Member/Visitor/Owner).
I used the following steps to re-create the problem:
* I used the "test account" to create a new vacation request
* My account can approve the vacation request
* I used the "test account" to create another new vacation request
* The "test account" is unable to approve the vacation request.
The "test account" is prompted to request access, so I click the link to request access, and "my account" receives the account. I click on the link to Grant access, and I am able to grant access. The interesting part - is that it is granting access on the Workflow permissions....which isn't inherited.
After I grant access, the "test account" is still unable to approve the request.
As a test - I forced the Workflow permissions to inherit from the parent - but I still get the same results.
...I've tried everything I can think of. I'm not a SP expert, but I've used it several years and this has really got me stumped. How do I troubleshoot permission access? I've added the "test account" a the site owner, and that account still can't approve the vacation request.