We are preparing to transfer data from one site to another and wanted EE recommendation on the process. This is what we have as steps to follow:
- Connected to old site and used Outlook to download/sync all emails.
- Copied from old site to local drive, the web page contents (what user see when visiting)
- On new site, created new emails and uploaded web page content
- On the old site cancelled subscription
- On registrar change domain-name DNS to new site IP
We plan to do this in the weekend and late at night and we understand the the domai-name will be pointing to the new site and the emails will be working within minutes or hours. However, if that doesn't happened, is ther some sort of contingency plan so the emails, after being cancel from old site, still receive emails? (in other words, setup temp emails to capture emails being sent while server down).