SBS 2011 NETWORK CARD LOSES CONNECTIVTY AND SAYS DISCONNECTED
Posted on 2015-02-15
We have a client SBS Server which we have spent months on trying to resolve an issue.
The network card goes into an UNPLUGGED state.
We can remote to the server using the DRAC and disbale and renable of the NIC does nothing.
1. Have replaced the switch
2. Have replaced cables
3. Fully patched and up to date.
4. Forced NIC to 100MB Full Duplex to see if stable (seems to help more)
5. Latest Intel drivers (dated 2012) installed. - Model 82574L Intel embedded in Acer T310
6. Second NIC disabled and SBS dosnt lke the server
7. Already run fix my network and Internet wizards
8. Logs are pretty clean (waiting for users to login today as everything worked on the weekend)
9. Antivirus (Trend) is fully uninstalled (for testing)
10. Firewalls are all disabled or turned off on the server.
One thing I did notice was when Shadow Protect V5 (latest ver) was running, the server started to struggle a little.
I am not sure if VSS was causing an issue.
At this stage Shadow protect is disabled so I can monitor and see how it goes.
The problem is its intermittent and can for a day or a week without issues.
Has anyone else seen this issue please?