Windows Backup and Restore Process
Posted on 2015-02-22
I have a standalone business critical application server in my company, with following specification:-
1) C-Drive=50GB , D-Drive=250GB and E-Drive=500GB
2) Operating system = windows 2008 64-Bit Enterprise Edition and windows is activated
3) Server Roles Installed:- IIS 7 and MS SQL Enterprise Edition
4) Database is in D-Drive and Logs in E-Drive
5) IIS is configured with SSL certificate
6) This server is joined to the domain and server name is APP01.mx.Local and IP=192.168.10.50
Expert I want help for the following:-
1) A step-by-step method which shows how to take a full Backup of this business critical application server using windows backup
2) A step-by-step method which shows how to restore this full back up to another physical server in the event of server failure , so that entire Application server can be restored to a fully functional server. Another question associated with this part is Before restoring this backup on another physical server do I need to install windows operating system with same above mentioned specification like C-Drive=50GB , D-Drive=250GB, E-Drive=500GB, Server Name= APP01.mx.Local, IP=192.168.10.50 ?
Thank you for the excellent support we are getting from all the "Experts" from Expert-Exchange.