I am trying to export a user's email account into a PST file on Exchange 2010 using the exchange shell console.
Before asking for help, I have researched every possible website that explains how to do this task; however, no what I have tried, nothing is working.
Here is what I have done:
1. I have created a folder called PST located directly off of the server's 'C' drive ... c:\PST.
2. I have changed security on the PST folder to give the 'Exchange Trusted Subsystem' full control (see attached file 'pst folder security').
3. I have added my user logon (johnqpublic) to the server's administrator group.
4. Within the exchange shell console I have done the following:
nt -role "mailbox import export" -user johnqpublic
b. after doing 4a, I have exited out of the shell and gotten back into it
c. after getting back into the shell, I then entered: new-mailboxexportrequest -mailbox generic-user
Up to this point, everything I have read and researched is saying that I should be able to export the user's email to the PST folder; however, ...
... after entering the new-mailboxexportrequest command, I receive the following error message:
Couldn't locate a database suitable for storing this request
5. In researching this error message, I have tried everything all web-sites have told me to try. I have checked and double checked myself to ensure that everything is set properly for security, etc... I have ensured that everything is spelled properly; however, no matter what I try and no matter what web-site suggests what the problem is or might be, nothing I do and nothing I try is working.
Our version of MS Exchange 2010 is: 14.01.0438.000.
Is there something I am doing wrong?
Is there something I am missing?
Please shed some light on this ... it has become very frustrating over the past few weeks.