I am working on deploying 500 XenDesktops on vSphere.
I have collected the data metrics on users and came up with 3 different use cases:
1) 100 users use 2 monitors and need 2 vCPUs and 4 GB RAM
2) 100 users user AutoCad and will need 4 vCPUs and 8 GB RAM
3) 300 users are task workers that only need 1 vCPU and 2 GB RAM.
- What I need help with is how do I size the different groups? Have different sized servers for each group on different clusters? same cluster?
- How do I figure out how many VMs per core? vCPUs per physical CPU?
I wanted to go with a 2 CPU with 12 cores server with 256 RAM but not sure if this will be correct sizing
Finally this is phase 1 with phase 2 we will be adding another 2000 users. I was planning on using MCS. Should we look into PVS instead?
Thank you for your detailed answers in advance.