Can you share your approach to forcing inactive workstations to lock and use of screensavers? I’ve been asked if we can force a screensaver when inactive for 5 minutes, and force a lock if inactive for (?) 15 minutes.
• How long before your screensavers activate?
• Do you force workstations to lock?
• Do you have tiered user groups? (Clinical, office, administrative, providers, etc??)
• If tiered, how long is the inactivity period for each tier?
• Do you have users groups that are excluded?
• Are you using any 3rd party utilities to alter the “out-of-box-Microsoft-experience” for screensaver and screen-locking?
• AD GPO manages a common screensaver on all workstations.
• We use “Screensaver Factory 6” to create a screensaver that acts like a “bulletin board” to display security messages, announcements, etc.
• Presently, the screensavers activate every 5 minutes, but we do aren’t forcing a lock on the workstations.
• We have discussed a tiered approach for business workers vs clinical.
Thanks for your input!