Our company has begun to receive requests from customers to email certain of their own financial information to them via email.
We'd like to do this in this manner:
1) Create the necessary file containing their information
2) "Zip" the file just created - using WinZip, WinRAR, or 7Zip - or any free utility.
3) "Password Protect" the zipped file with a predetermined password for the customer.
4) Email the zipped file to the customer as an attachment.
5) Provide them some sort of embedded utility to "unzip" the file once they receive it.
Steps 1 - 4 are pretty straightforward. We foresee a problem concerning "unzipping" the file once they receive it unless they're using the exact same utility we used to create it.
We don't mind going through the manual steps for this process using any of the "zip" software. However, a script file of some kind to automate these steps would be great.