I would like to know the best practice to distribuite IPs by windows server DHCP for a multiple VLAN environment using Vmware ESXI 5.5?
The switch interface that is connected to the ESXI server is in trunk mode.
I made a home lab to test this and worked, but I don´t think that this is the "correct" way. This is what I did:
- Lan with vlan 10 (192.168.10.0)
- Lan with vlan 20 (192.168.20.0)
- Lan with vlan 30 (192.168.30.0)
With a virtualized windows server in ESXi I installed 3 network cards in windows, and installed DHCP server with 3 scopes.
- nic 1 = 192.168.10.1 (assigned with VM NETWORK VLAN 10)
- nic 2 = 192.168.20.1 (assigned with VM NETWORK VLAN 20)
- nic 3 = 192.168.30.1 (assigned with VM NETWORK VLAN 30)