We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

Microsoft Access 2010 Report / Sub-report display problem

Eileen Murphy
on
Dear Experts;

I have a problem with a sub-report only appearing in one grouping of a main report when the underlying data is there and should be forcing the display. See the attached document which provides the necessary details. I appreciate any help. It's probably something silly that I'm missing.
Comment
Watch Question

Eileen MurphyIndependent Application Developer

Author

Commented:
Top Expert 2011

Commented:
What is the master and child linking fields for the sub report thta is not working?
Eileen MurphyIndependent Application Developer

Author

Commented:
It is working for the one group but not the other. I highlighted the fields on the document I uploaded.
Top Expert 2011

Commented:
Unfortunately, the document you upload really does not help a lot. We need to see a lot more like the properties or the sub report.

So I will ask again:
Please tell us what are the master and child linking fields for the sub report that is not working?

TIP: For the fastest help, attached a sample database.
Eileen MurphyIndependent Application Developer

Author

Commented:
OK -- I'll make a sample db - I'm bound by confidentiality -- thanks.
Eileen MurphyIndependent Application Developer

Author

Commented:
Interesting..... I pulled all the necessary components into a new db and the report is working. I am going to pull everything else into this db to see if somehow the orig db became corrupted or something. This is infuriating. I'll keep you posted. Thank you.
Independent Application Developer
Commented:
Hi all -- I want to tell you what I wound up doing in order to fix this -- the problem did seem to rectify itself when I created a new db but recurred when I imported the rest of the application components into the new db. For some reason having a boolean value as a master/child criteria on the subform -- the results were not consistent. So -- I added a field to the subforms where iif(boolean value = 0, "A","B") and used that value as the master/child value -- and voila! Not sure what the difference is -- but this worked.
Top Expert 2011

Commented:
I am not surprised that the issue was in the master/child linking fields. That is why I was asking about those specific properties.  Glad I could point you in the right direction. Sad you don't feel that deserved any credit (points)

Glad you got it sorted out.
Eileen MurphyIndependent Application Developer

Author

Commented:
I figured it out.