exchange 2010 and Zultys 7.0.5

We recently upgraded from SBS2003 to SBS2011 & Exchange 2010.  Public server name and address are the same. Our Zultys phone system (MX250) was configured to send email notifications of voicemail to certain users.  Since the upgrade, users keep getting error messages instead of notifications.  When I run a test in the Zultys Admin software I get "connect failed".  I did create a receive connector in the Hub transport for the phone system with its internal ip address.  Not sure what else to look at--any ideas?  On the Zultys end, the server is specified as not requiring authentication. In the properties of the exchange receive connector, there is no authentication specified.
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Costas GeorgiouNetwork AdministratorCommented:
you need to open Exchange 2010 for relay
I have attached the instructions in a PDF Document.
Click the link below
Hope that helpsExchnage-2010-Relay-for-Printers-Scanner
tinajoe7Author Commented:
I do have a receive connector set up for the phone system.  I've tried different authentication settings, but still no luck....

Thank for the response!
Costas GeorgiouNetwork AdministratorCommented:
Please correct the permission as follows
Creating Active Directory Users from a Text File

If your organization has a need to mass-create AD user accounts, watch this video to see how its done without the need for scripting or other unnecessary complexities.

tinajoe7Author Commented:
I tried putting in exactly those settings and restarted the Transport Service, but still no luck...
Costas GeorgiouNetwork AdministratorCommented:
I recommend to restart the phone system after making change.

have you tested with the IP of the exchange server instead of name?

do you see attempts on exchange server under the transport logs to see the reason for rejection?

Can you also send screenshot of the options available in the phone system for SMTP server?

If nothing works, try adding smtp server for the ISP which should work regardless provided the DNS server on the Phone system is correct.

and remember to restart the phone system after making changes just in case, phone system can be stupid many time.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
tinajoe7Author Commented:
Putting in the ip address instead of the FQDN worked!  Thanks for all the suggestions, they were very helpful!
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.