Points of My Scenario:
1. I have deployed SCCM 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2, using SQL Server 2008 R2, SP3
2. I have implemented a Software Update Point
3. There were NO errors during any of the implementations
4. All SCCM and SUP (software update point) components are on a single server, BUT the SQL databases (for SCCM and WSUS) are located on a separate server running Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2, servicepack 3
5. I have deployed CM client software, created and deployed software update groups to device collections, making sure that the updates match the clients' OS - BUT the clients never receive the updates.
6. All clients are Windows Server 2008 R2.
7. Server Log (wsyncmgr.log) shows the following: "sync: SMS synchronizing updates, processed 15780 out of 15780 items (100%)"
8. Client's Log UpdatesDeployment.log show (a) "Attempting to install 0 updates" and (b) "No actionable updates for install task. No attempt required"
9. Client's Log PolicyEvaluator.log show (a) "Evaluation not required. No changes detected." and (b) "Settings update not required. No changes detected."
10. In Config Manager's Software Library section, all software updates (thousands) show 0 (zero) for Required, Installed, and Percent Compliant. "Deployed" status is show "Yes" for the few software updates I have included in the test deployment packages.
NOTE: The above results have been consistent for 2 weeks no matter what I do. I have watched videos from CBTNuggets, Pluralsight (TrainSignal), and YouTube. I seem to be doing everything right! :-(
QUESTION: What should I do to make the clients download & install the updates I have deployed to them?