Outlook 2013 upgrade won't create Profile for one user on Office 365 Domain

Ready to jump off the building . . . .

Small client with an existing Workstation connecting to Office 365 Hosted Exchange.  Everything works fine.

Upgrades from Office 2007 to Office 2013.  None of the profiles migrate over.

Two of the three addresses that she uses within Office 365 come over with no problem.  The third refuses to autodiscover . . . . even though the address is using the same domain name as one of the two that DOES work.

I've deleted all profiles and recreated.  Office and Windows are fully patched.  I've repaired the Office 2013 install using Control Panel.  I've deleted the registry keys for the old Office 2007 profiles.  Still nothing.

Any attempt to create the profile hangs on "Searching for your mail settings" within the mail applet.
NEMCAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Vasil Michev (MVP)Commented:
Run the Test E-Mail autoconfiguration wizard from Outlook (hold CTRL, right-click on the Outlook tray Icon, select Test E-Mail autoconfiguration, enter username and password, clear the two Guessmart checkboxes and press the button). For Office 365, Outlook must be able to connect to the HTTP redirect endpoint, so check the results there. If needed, compare with the same test run from ExRCA (http://aka.ms/rca, Office 365 tab, Outlook Autodiscover). Or just post the results here.

You can also try configuring Outlook manually, but this should only be used as a temporary workaround. Autodiscover needs to be working as expected, otherwise she will have issues with Outlook. Here are the steps to configure Outlook manually just in case: http://www.michev.info/Blog/Post/12/
0
NEMCAuthor Commented:
Remote connectivity works, except for complaining about the SSL.  If I disable SSL trust warnings, it works without exception.

Attempted to manually configure profile.  Did not get prompted for credentials when I clicked CHECK NAME.  Received error "The action cannot be completed.  The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable.  Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."  Tried both outlook.office365.com as well as the GUID for the server name.

Again, the most screwed up detail here is that this user has 3 office 365 accounts. ie, jane@abc.com  jane2@abc.com jane@def.com.  Only jane2@abc.com fails.  jane@abc.com, using the same domain name and same autodiscover features works.

Just created a new local user on the workstation, logged in and successfully configured the problem EMail address using autodiscover.

I'm assuming there is some corruption inside the Windows user profile relating to this specific EMail address, but I have no idea how to clear it, short of deleting the windows user profile entirely and starting over.
0
Vasil Michev (MVP)Commented:
Did you run the Autodiscover test locally? Might be DNS/host file issue, but that should affect the other account as well. Same for the Autodiscover related settings in the registry. The only thing that makes some sense is stored (incorrect) credentials for that account in Cred manager, so check there.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
NEMCAuthor Commented:
Incorrect credentials may have been a possibility, although in the past, Outlook prompts if the credentials are wrong and with autodiscover you've already provided the correct credentials.

Regardless, client was impatient and I simply created a new local Windows profile and everything worked perfectly.  If I get a chance to connect again I'll check the old profile to see if updating or deleting the stored credentials makes a difference.

Thanks for your assistance.
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Office 365

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.