This issue has me completely stumped.
One of my clients is having an issue where Outlook freezes when certain e-mails. Here are the troubleshooting steps I have taken.
1. Uninstalled Outlook 2007 and installed 2010
2. Created a new profile with a new .PST and imported her old .PST into it
3. Created a new profile with a new .PST and imported only the e-mails causing the issue
4. Repaired the .PST using the SCANPST file.
5. Repaired Outlook
6. Checked for malware and came up clean
7. Ran Outlook in safe mode
What is weird is every email that gets sent to her from certain people are always 3mbs in size. Which doesn’t make sense because they are all just plain text. There are no attachments, pictures, etc. Just 5 to 10 small sentences.
I had one of the senders send me an email to my exchange account and everything worked fine. The size of the e-mail was normal as well. I setup her e-mail on my laptop inside of Outlook 2007 and everything works fine. What is keeping me from just wiping her PC is I had the sender send an email to another user in the office and it caused her Outlook to lock up as well. It is not just from one sender. It is from 5 different ones. The only thing I can think of now is their network is causing the issue.
I was wondering if any of you had any ideas on where to begin.
Thanks in advance!