.net application on development pc is causing issues

Currently working on an old, windows application, developed in Visual Studio 2003 and upgraded to Visual Studio 2012.

The upgrade was rolled out last year and the users have asked for more functions, so we are adding them now.

Previously, I could open the version the users currently have on my development machine and see what they are using.  Now (and not sure what the difference is), the version that is installed for the users is erroring on my machine and asking for a parameter that we are adding in the version we are working on????

I've checked the installation config file and it's pointing to the correct database. I've made sure any reference to the database does not exist in the stored procedures.

Does anyone know how the development version and the installed version are getting mixed up????

Thank you,
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

the GAC maybe? Any assemblies in gac?

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
ste5anSenior DeveloperCommented:
You need for this use-case your own machine, either physical or a VM.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Visual Basic.NET

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.