Added new IP space to my master nameserver.
Created the zone files, edited named.conf to add the /22, edited named.masterzones.conf to include the files.
Did the same on both of my slave servers to accept the transfers properly. (of course the masterzones.conf file is named slavezones.conf)
Done this hundreds of times in the past.
When i went to edit andy of the newly created zone files I entered the following command:
rndc freeze <xxx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa.
got the following message:
rndc: 'freeze' failed: not found
tried adding "in" to the end...didn't work
Oh. BTW I also restarted named, ran named-checkconf and named-checkzone, rndc reconfig and rndc status. All seems to be well.
The zone files will not transfer to the slave servers. Its like they are not even there.