For the past weeks we experience the following problem at our company. Every day at 11:00 am clients (Windows 7 Pro) lose their netwerkshares and Internet connections. It could be more often, but users are not really clear about that.
But it is a fact that it happens at least every day at that specific time for 10 minutes. When it's 11:10 am all network connection are restored automatically.
The past days I logged on into a machine and noticed the following:
I was logged on with RDP on a PC and the server at 11:00 am and access to network shares/Internet got lost from the PC. Network shares and Internet was not lost on the server.
I started two ping requests to our server: 1 on IP base and 1 on hostname. During the time I couldn't access the Samba shares and Internet I get time-outs on both ping requests. When I get respone again after 10 minutes Samba/Internet connections are restored automatically.
- During the connection loss I maintain the RDP session with good latency from WAN to the SBS2011 server and random PC
- I checked all tasks in task scheduler, but can't find any tasks planned at this specific time
- I checked all logs (Appliction/Security/Setup
/System) but can't find anything getting logged every day at that time
- System resources were widely available: 14GB of RAM out of 32GB total, less then 10% CPU usage and very little NIC usage
- During that time no back-ups or other known tasks run
The following roles are installed:
- Active Directory Certificate Services
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Print and documentservices
- DHCP Server
- DNS Server
- Remote desktop services
- Service for networkpolicy and access
- Webserver (IIS)
At the 8th of March I installed availble Microsoft updates (I do this every month), but I allready did a rollback of those updates and this didn't resolve the problem. The following SharePoint updates were also installed, but I cannot uninstall those:
Can somebody please assist me in solving this problem? Thanks very much in advance.