Using: Win 7 and MS Office 2010 Apps
We need to process hundreds of documents with the following general workflow and could use a VBA Script to streamline the process.
Here are the tasks:
User receives a Word 2010 doc via email, let's call it myfile.doc and drags it into Folder A (this Folder could be the designated folder for the script to target). User may receive several files in the same email, all destined to Folder A. Also, other users may put files requiring the same processing into Folder A.
Folder A will contain only files which need the automated processing below.
User then (the automation is needed from this point forward), using only myfile.doc as an example, but code would need to cycle through all files in Folder A:
- Moves myfile.doc into Folder B
- Saves myfile.doc as myfile.PDF into Folder C
- Saves myfile.doc as myfile.PDF into Folder D
- Moves myfile.doc from Folder A into Folder E
- Stops when Folder A is empty; leaving user with view of the empty Folder A as confirmation all files were processed
In all cases, the various folders could be on different (mapped) network drives, hence this needs to be coded to use the full filepath (windows environment).
Also, while the above example is written showing .doc files, we can expect .docx as well as Excel files in .xls, .xlsx, and .xlsm.
Thx a bunch.