We have just taken over the IT for a client that runs 2003 SBS (I know they need to upgrade)
Anyway the emails work ok on exchange internally it's just it will not connect remotely on the phones. This is what I have tested so far.
- we cannot connect to \\localhost\exchange internally nor externally. (\\serverip\exchange)
- port 443 is open on the router
- IIS and all exchange services are running
- I can see the 'Exchange' site under the IIS manager
- we have re run the repair internet and email wizard under server management
Anything else you can think of? I have sent the client a new quote to upgrade their server and possibly hosted exchange.