Second day of trying to start with fresh 8.1 installation on my Surface RT, all updates on, and still get reported failures from apps.diagcab tool. It is possible nothing is wrong but that the tool reports a failure due to a bug or being out of date with current RT software, or cache folder locations or design. The tool looks like this...
and is here.
From this link.
For months I've noticed being hacked. Mostly seems like data monitoring rather than tremendous damage. It is something that feels like remote access in the middle of my doing something. Kinda like showing off. A couple weeks ago got hugely hacked at a client's house on their Comcast setup. I recorded a video of it on my phone and posted it on Google. Possibly available if need be. Another show off style of hack. Without me saying so the client saw the video and described it as "show-off" attack. At this client's house I tried to enter a CNNhln site, it took over my computer and played an audio file loop of ...
"You must fix your system. Call the number below. Your credit card info and data are at risk" (kinda like that)
While I was recording my Surface RT on my phone, the hack then took over the TV and put a still bitmap message across the screen about attending a swinger's convention, and on the basement TV a still video grab of a local newscaster from the 90's in mid-sentence. Then later while I was on the phone with Comcast they booted up the client's Apple I was not able to take over the menus fast enough so unplugged everything instead. After that, TVs were not functional and Comcast had to come out the next morning and restart all services. Everything is reported fine at client's house since then.
Finally decided to try and check into all this yesterday. Below is part of an email to my current contact at Microsoft. I said:
Thank you for following up. Yes, sfc can be good. Didn't find anything for me though. Not in months past, nor today after reset. That's the thing about how I feel hacked and ridden to see what I'm doing, rather than do too much damage and get discovered.
Re: Sample output from apps.diagcab.
Tonight, after my earlier reset of Windows, I finally had a chance to get back and try the apps diag tool to reply to you. I ran the apps diag tool twice and it still shows corruption every time. I think it may be a good tool. I will put some screen grabs of it in this email or attached prior to sending.
The two output files are .oxps and are each two pages I think. You should find them attached.
And I have attached them here as PDFs. I also have a few more, newly created screen grabs of the too long a filename to delete problem. While trying to manually delete the Store cache, I renamed the cache folder cacheold. Ran apps.diagcab again, got same errors, tried to delete the Cache folder that had just gotten created automatically, and had a similar deletion problem. Here is what one of them looks like.