This e-mail message cannot be delivered to recipient error after converting from linked to user mailbox

I migrated a linked mailbox from Exchange 2007 to 2013 today and the user was unable to open their outlook profile or access their mailbox via OWA.  I disabled their mailbox, then connected to it again as a user mailbox to their AD account.  They were then able to access their mailbox via Outlook and OWA.  However, now when other users in the organization enter their name in Outlook or select it from the GAL.  Outlook mail tips says "this e-mail message cannot be delivered to <recipient> because the e-mail address is no longer valid."  I've tried adding back their X500 address, deleting them from my auto-complete cache with no luck.  All other users in my Exchange 2007 environment are user mailboxes so it's not a concern, but for some reason this was a linked mailbox even though they were never part of another forest.  Any suggestions on how to get rid of this Outlook message?  They're still receiving email when you send.
npdodgeAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Satya PathakLead Technical ConsultantCommented:
npdodgeAuthor Commented:
It's working now, and I didn't do anything except for entering their X500 address along with some other SMTP addresses they were missing.  It must take some time for things to refresh.  I checked with users that did not delete any autocomplete entries and they're working as well.  I just have to remember to enter all the missing addresses when changing from linked to user, unless someone else has some suggestions to make this a smoother process.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
Hello WorldCommented:
Hi,

This may be caused by the delay of address list update.
If this issue reappear, please try double check in OWA first, then run below command to force update address list:
Get-AddressList | Update-AddressList
Get-GlobalAddressList | Update-GlobalAdressList
Get-OfflineAddressBook | Update-OfflineAddressBook

Then try to restart Outlook or mannual download OAB,
npdodgeAuthor Commented:
Adding the X500 address and missing proxy addresses fixed the problem.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Exchange

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.