I have an interesting problem I need help with.
I developed a C# Winform, which works fine on my internal network and connects without issue to my SQL2008R2 server.
1) The connection string points to the named instance of the SQL DB via one of my Public IP's.
2) My firewall allows requests from the LAN AND any External address to the public IP, and is Port Forwarded back to SQL Server. Ports 1433, 1434 UDP are listening and I can connect my app from the internal LAN
3) From my home PC (Outside the network), I can Telnet to the public IP on all relevant ports and they are open.
4) When I launch my app from outside, it times out with the generic "Error:26 ..Server not found or is inaccessible...) message
5) I do have two Named Instances, each set with a static port in the IPALL settings, and only one is required for this app.
6) My connection String in the C# app is:
string ConString = @"Data Source=TCP:(public ip),2214\(instance name);Initial Catalog=(dbname);Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=(password)";
I cannot figure this out. Ive even tested by opening "Any-Any" traffic through the firewall for that particular server, but the app will not connect.
Thanks in advance for your help!