I am using JDeveloper 12.1.3. I followed an excellent Oracle Tutorial
to set up the MAF framework, and I set up the Android SDK and successfully deployed a basic app to the Android emulator.
I tried a second test app (Employees, using this Tutorial
), but it didn't work, it just showed the Oracle logo on the Emulator.
However, I'm finding the emulator is agonizingly slow, so I thought I'd just test out with my Android phone (HTC One). I set up Developer Options on the HTC One
, but when I deploy to the device, nothing happens. I don't see the app in the Apps section, nor can I find the file in Windows Explorer, searching my HTC device.
Here's the deployment log:
[11:12:53 PM] ---- Deployment started. ----
[11:12:53 PM] Target platform is (Android).
[11:12:53 PM] Beginning deployment of MAF application "MyMobileApp" to Android using profile "Android_for_HTC_One".
[11:12:54 PM] Checking state of Android Debug Bridge server...
[11:12:58 PM] Started Android Debug Bridge server.
[11:12:58 PM] Verifying a single Android device is online and connected to the ADB server...
[11:12:59 PM] Shutting down Android Debug Bridge server...
[11:12:59 PM] Deployment cancelled.
[11:13:00 PM] ---- Deployment incomplete ----.
[11:13:00 PM] Failed to detect a connected Android device. Make sure the device is connected. Otherwise, manually restart the ADB server. The following results were provided by ADB:
List of devices attached
I did find this
, but when I followed it through it says my HTC One has the most current USB driver.
I also found this, which says to go to \ADT\sdk\platform-tools folder and
- Run: adb start-server
- Run: adb devices
I only see "adb.exe" in my platform-tools folder and ran that, and it flashed something in cmd window, then went away.