Uploaded web part leading to 'List does not exist' error

I created a dashboard with multiple web parts linking several views of three lists, one existing and two I had created.  I also created a calendar and overlayed other calendars on top of it.

Because I couldn't add a List from the parent site, I had exported the web part and uploaded into this site (following this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SfpgoEUlIw)  After adding this web part when I tried to add a List web part I would get an error.  Not every list, but some I had already on the page which was confusing.

Error after uploading exported list webpart
There are probably other ways of adding lists from outside a subsite but does anyone know why this happened and how to fix it?  I removed that webpart and I could add the lists so I believe this is the problem.

Any and all replies are greatly appreciated!!!
My-Dashboard.png
HSI_guelphAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

martushaProduct managerCommented:
I've tried to do this also now, and this issue remains for me too. This imported webpart look ok while I'm not adding another list web part, if I add, it shows error.  
Did you find a fix?
The simple solution could be to add all web parts you need and the last one to add that imported web part :)
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
HSI_guelphAuthor Commented:
@martusha - That is what I've done for now but the dashboard is a wip so I'm still tweeking it and even if I try to edit an existing webpart I have to delete the imported webpart first.  I have to do the entire import again, it's almost like it's losing that webpart and it has to be imported again before I can add it.  But I have been able to add a couple of different list webparts successfully.  It's just that some it will allow and others it won't.  

I might have to find another way to access a parent list but if I can get this to work I'd be happy to stick with it.
0
colly92002Commented:
I would suspect that this is likely to be caused due to the exported web part exporting list GUIDs not names.  Creating a new list on a new site will have a different GUID.  Can't see how this  affects a single web part/list though...
0
HSI_guelphAuthor Commented:
I was hoping to get a late response that might help figure out what was happening here but I'll close this thread up and thank everyone who posted!
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft SharePoint

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.